Some details have started to trickle out:
* Selita Ebanks co-stars as a phoenix that falls to the ground and starts dating Kanye
* Kanye says he drew inspiration from Michael Jackson’s Thriller, The Wall and Purple Rain
* The film is narrated by Nicki Minaj, in a British accent.
* The version shown last night had French subtitles
* It features a bunch of songs from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
* It features an homage to Michael Jackson
After the screening, Kanye held a nearly 2 hour Q&A with the audience. A few highlights:
* The film was shot in Prague over a 4 day period
* The term “toast to the douche bags” was inspired by a party in Stockholm.
* He helped Nicki Minaj with her verse on “Monster”
* Jay uses the Reasonable Doubt flow on his song with Pete Rock, and they’ll be visiting the south of France towards the end of the month to finish Watch The Throne, after Kanye hands in My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy on October 14th.
* Bon Iver, who he samples on “Lost In The World,” will be on 9 tracks from the album.